What is REVESTIVE used for?
REVESTIVE is used to treat adults and pediatric patients 1 year of age and above with Short Bowel Syndrome (SBS). SBS is a disorder arising from an inability to absorb food nutrients and fluid across the gastrointestinal tract (gut) due to not enough surface area.
How does REVESTIVE work?
REVESTIVE improves the absorption of fluids from your remaining gut by increasing the surface area and function of your remaining gut.
DO NOT USE REVESTIVE IF:
- You are allergic to teduglutide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- You have or are suspected to have cancer in the gastrointestinal tract, including liver, gallbladder, bile ducts or pancreas
- You have had cancer in the gastrointestinal tract, including liver, gallbladder, bile ducts or pancreas, within the last five years
Medicinal ingredients: teduglutide
Non-medicinal ingredients: dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate, L-histidine, mannitol, monobasic sodium phosphate monohydrate. The diluent contains sterile water for injection that is provided in a pre-filled syringe.
REVESTIVE is a powder and diluent for solution for under the skin (subcutaneous) injection (5 mg powder in vial, 0.5 mL diluent in pre-filled syringe). Pack size of 28 each. The powder is white and the diluent is clear and colorless.
- The unopened vials may be stored below 25°C
- Do not freeze
- Keep out of reach and sight of children
If you’re new to REVESTIVE, download the following document for more information. Getting Started with REVESTIVE